It may not be feasible for us to be 100% sustainable at this point in time, but this is our effort to maintain a small ecological footprint and make a difference for future generations.
Our mission is simple: we want to provide you with all-natural, organic goodness. Real food. No artificial anything.
Cake Flour – We are delicious, naturally.
How We Came About
After graduating from the French Culinary Institute in SoHo, New York, Claudia M. DeLatorre started Cake Flour with one simple goal – offer quality, natural alternatives to processed ‘fake’ food so people can experience the difference.
Here are some of the steps we’re taking to be as green as we can be:
- We begin with the finest quality natural & organic ingredients found in the world and right here in Kentucky. We never use artificial dyes, flavorings or sweeteners, hydrogenated oils, refined sugar or flour, or preservatives that increase shelf life while decreasing yours!
Our store environment
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) Paints were used on wall and floor surfaces to improve the indoor air quality for all of us.
- Formaldehyde and urea free materials and adhesives were used in our custom cabinets and countertops.
- Our bakery is equipped with energy efficient appliances and lighting.
- Our hot beverages are served in compostable paper cups lined with a corn-based product (as opposed to a petroleum-based lining).
- Our items are served with biodegradable corn-based utensils.
- Recyclable and biodegradable paper packaging allows you to take home your goodies responsibly.
- We recycle and compost to prevent unnecessary waste from ending up in a landfill.
What Natural Mean to Us
Natural foods are foods that are minimally processed. Natural foods do not include ingredients such as refined sugars, refined flours, hydrogenated oils, artificial sweeteners, food colors, or flavorings. We never use ingredients filled with preservatives that increase shelf life while decreasing yours.
- Our flour is certified organic, unbleached and unbrominated (a process which is banned in many countries).
- Our sugar is certified organic and unbleached, leaving the beneficial minerals and nutrients intact without adding any harmful chemicals.
- Our eggs are produced locally from happy free-range chickens.
- We use European style butter which brings more flavor and less water into your favorite items.
- The shortening we use to make our delicious frosting is certified organic, not hydrogenated and made from natural sunflower and palm fruit oils.
- We use only the best European style chocolate made with 100% pure cocoa butter and 100% natural vanilla and absolutely no additives.
- Our seasonal specialties include a variety of all natural fruits and vegetables, including blueberries, raspberries, cranberries, lemons, oranges, carrots
- And if our desserts need that extra something special, we only use all natural, vegetable-based food colorings. Even our sprinkles are organic.
No artificial anything ever!
Go ahead. Indulge. It’s real food.